Monday, November 19, 2012

More Eye of the Dragon!


So after I posted the story, I saw that the last chapter wasn't done yet, so here is the revised part of the chapter and some more! Please enjoy!


But it wasn't okay. No, it wasn't okay at all. "Ethan, people are going to die because of me!” I yelled at him. Didn't he see what was happening? “Gabby, it's fine. They'll only target you. And probably me, too. The Council isn't that crazy.” “Oh yeah, like that makes me feel any better.” “It should.” “Yeah, well, not all of us are perfect like you.” I said, stumbling away from him. His eyes narrowed. “I'm not perfect, fine, but you're not even close. Those people are going to hurt me for bringing you back to Elcaine. They need a ruler, not a silly thirteen year old.” Oh. My. Gosh. Did he just say that to me? Nobody does that. Well, actually, they do all the time, but Ethan didn't strike me as a mean guy. Maybe he was just upset. Hurricanes do that to people.

Ms. Meyer stalked into the room. “Well, Gabby, this may not be you're best first day ever, but at least it's better then mine. Follow me, you guys.” she said all of this in a very flat voice, and I had this vibe that she really didn't like us. Well, the feeling was mutual. We followed her through the hallways, and people stared as we walked by. And not just me, either. I had a feeling that Ethan wasn't the most popular guy ever. I tried to look at him to see why without being too obvious, like making him think I liked him or something. He was pretty cute, not like movie star ratio, but not super ugly. And he was an okay guy. I wondered why he didn't seem to have any friends. He probably told everyone that he met everything about Elcaine, and they thought he was nuts. I sure had.

The teacher practically shoved us out the door as everyone flooded out of the huge building. Ethan and I were caught in the stampede, and we were the last ones out. “Listen, Gabby, I didn't mean that thing about you. Everyone in Elcaine is gonna love you. Honest.” His feeble attempts at cheering me up weren't helping AT ALL, but it was nice that he tried.

I started walking toward out apartment. It felt weird, walking home to a place that I had never even seen before yesterday. When I reached the tall tree covered in caterpillars (I'd leaned on it while walking to school, and trust me, you don't want to do that.), Ethan caught up to me. “Gabby-what the heck? Where in the world are you going?” He was blocking my path. “Uh, home. Where are you going in a hurricane?” Ethan rolled his eyes at me, like it was so obvious, and like I was the biggest idiot on the planet. “We're going to Elcaine to tell The Council the truth. Duh.”

I tried to squeeze by him, but he wouldn't let me. Ethan had this huge smile on his face. I had to admit that he was pretty handsome when he smiled. “You know, I know what to do about creepy guys like you.” I said, casually examining my bag. I knew what I was doing. “Sure you do. With ordinary guys.” Okay, he sure knew how to make me scared. I was starting to think the guy was insane. Was the hurricane just a coincidence? “You SEEM pretty ordinary to me.” “Well... I'm not.” said Ethan, smirking.

And then he rose of the ground. I felt like I was going to faint! He was flying! Ethan seemed to hover just above the ground, and he also seemed to hover some other places. At first glance, he was ordinary, but look again, and his feet were three inches of the ground. “C'mon, Gabby, it's great up here.” And then I felt my own feet rise of the ground, only a few inches up, before plummeting and landing on the ground. Hard. “Gabby, just... try!” And then I tried. For a long, long time. Nothing happened. It was like I had been given one chance to be special, to be... more. And then it wasn't real. I should have known. I'm just Gabby. “Ethan... I don't think I'm the queen. I can't do it.” Ethan rolled his eyes. “No way, Gabrielle, I have to bring someone back.” And then he pulled me off my feet and we took off into the night sky.

WE DISOBEY STANDERD SAFETY RULES

The night was rushing by, and the ground swung by my feet, seemingly miles away. “HELP! SOMEBODY HELP ME! THIS CRAZY GUY-” “Gabby, shut up! They'll hear you!” Umm, wasn't the point? “HELP!!” “Shut up, you-” And then we were flying over the streets and all the buildings. Ethan was laughing, and I was totally terrified. What was going on? The only thing I knew for sure was that Ethan was telling the truth... but we shouldn't have been outside in this weather! I felt dizzy. Suddenly, the dark sky itself seemed to close in on us. “Oh, great. What do you want, Lizbeth?” Who? What? Everything was confusing me. And then I felt myself drop, down, down, deeper, down. “AHHH!!”

I MEET MEGAN... AND BEN

Where was I? I heard noises... something that sounded like Ethan. And something that sounded like somebody else. “She's...she's waking up! Be quiet!” Standing in front of me was Ethan and...his sister? She had his brown hair and grey eyes, but she was still about a foot taller then him. An older sister? Okay, now I needed to focus on what I was going to do to Ethan for dropping me. DROPPING ME!!! Okay, so I have no idea what a Protector is supposed to do, but I'm pretty sure that that's not it. “Ethan, you JERK...” Ethan looked down at his hands. “Sorry, Gabby. I'm so stupid.” Ugh. Something inside me felt the need to comfort him, so I shrugged. “Whatever.” “UMM, HELLO?” said the girl with brown hair. 'Oh, oops. Uh, Gabby, meet my sister, Megan.” Megan stared coldly at me. “So you're the “queen”.” Oh, great. She was snobby. “Well, I'll show you girls your room.” “WHAT?” Megan yelled. “SHE CAN'T STAY WITH ME!” Ethan rolled his grey eyes. We walked into a large room with a majestic canopy in it. When I saw the canopy, my draw dropped. It's just like the one that used to be in my room! I thought, with all the memories flooding back.
YOU want HER to sleep in MY bedroom?!” yelled Megan, glaring at me.
What a jerk. Ethan sighed. “It's only for a while.” then he left, shaking his head. Ethan abandoned me! Megan looked at me. “Just so you know, I don't usually allow people wearing butt-ugly clothes in my room. You should be proud.” Okay, that made my jaw drop again! What was wrong with my clothes? I mean, besides the fact that they were all from Wal-Mart. But I bet she hadn't even heard of that. So I shot back the first thing that I thought of. “Yeah, well, at least I don't look like some demented version of Little Bo Peep.” Okay, that was pretty mean, but it was true! Megan looked frozen with shock for a second. “How dare you!” “That's your best comeback? Even I could do better then that.” “GET OUT!”

“What's going on here?” This came from a very different, much deeper, voice. Who could it be? But I had to hide. I didn't want anymore of Ethan's family to hate me! Which made me think; Is this Ethan's family? What about his mom back in New York? Was that just a cover? “Luke, get out of my room!” yelled Megan. So it was someone named Luke. I was now hiding in Megan's closet, which was pretty weird. Who owns SEVEN tutus? Isn't she kind of old for tutus? Maybe she was an overgrown toddler. Who knows?

"Megan, who were you talking to?" "Ethan's girlfriend" (WHAT? Is that what Ethan called me to my family?) "Ethan has a GIRLFRIEND? Where did she go?" 'Uh, I think the closet." And then I hear it open. Everything is black and then... ugh. Were we in a tree? Because when the door opened, I saw that there was no wall in part of Megan's room. I guess that's okay for people who can fly, but...not...for...me. And then it was all gone.

Hope ya guys like it! Please tell me how I did in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. PLEASE WRITE MORE SOON!!!!!!!!! I need to know what happens next!! What was she planning on doing to Ethan? Like, right before he flew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think that Gabby was probably going to run away as FAST AS POSSIBLE. That's what I would have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, heeheehee! When will you post more?

      Delete
    2. Well, I'm on vacation, so it might be a while, but I have so many ideas!

      Delete
    3. Thanks! Megan is going to be very.. important to the story. (No, she's not an overgrown toddler.) She has to make a really hard decision in book three... lol, I'm thinking about book three!

      Delete